Body to Body
For dance students
Contact Impro and Release Technique for dance students
- To become aware of our muscleskeletal system, joints and points of support as a starting point for the contact between "me and what surrounds me"
- Play with the possibilities of the center of gravity having another body as a point of support.
- Establish a dialogue from the body that allows us to explore new skills, improvise and surprise us.
- Acquire tools to make "portés" in a healthy and organic way.
- Find new forms of creation and scenic expression.
Minimum / maximum group: from 10 to 30 participants Duration: 3 hours (with a break of 5/10 minutes) Needs: the room must have dance floor, be wide, warm, well ventilated and illuminated, no mirrors are necessary.
About the Dance Contact Impro
(CI) is a modality of artistic and / or social dance. Based on improvisation and physical contact between dancers. It focuses mainly on communication, cooperation, listening and the generation of motor skills through contact. In recent years it has become an essential tool in the New Dance and its practice is a requirement to audition in the most advanced sectors of Contemporary Dance. Based on "New Age" concepts, it revolutionizes the way of presenting the classes and of perceiving the body, proposing the dancer's internal sensations instead of the forms as movement's actuator. Its practice, in advanced levels, allows the realization of acrobatic movements in a fluid and organic way.